William R. Adams, III, P.E.
William R. Adams, III, P.E., a founder and managing member of the firm has held a variety of project management positions including project manager, construction engineer, consultant, and office engineer/estimator. Bill's knowledge of construction activities and operations is significantly enhanced from his prior experience working with road, bridge and commercial contractors. Bill is proficient in CPM Scheduling and Oracle P6. Bill leads the Operations elements for the firm. Representative projects include:
• I-275 Sunshine Skyway Rest Area Replacement, Manatee & Pinellas Counties, Florida, FDOT District 1: This $18.5 million Design-Build project on I-275 in Manatee and Pinellas Counties, FL involves the design and construction for the replacement of two rest areas. Bill serves as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• Pedestrian/Wildlife Overpass over I-95, Fellsmere, Florida, FDOT District 4: This $4.6 million contract consists of constructing a portion of the Central Railroad Corridor Greenway trail including the construction of a prefabricated pedestrian bridge over I-95. Bill serves as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• SR 52 Widening, Pasco County, Florida, FDOT District 7: This $12.5 million project on SR 52 from east of Old Pasco Road to west of Bellamy Brothers Road involves widening from two lanes to four lanes. Bill serves as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• I-4/Selmon Expressway Connector, Tampa, Florida, FDOT District 7: This $400 million project involved the construction of an elevated connector between I-4 and the Selmon Expressway. Bill served as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• Tampa Airport Interchanges Project, Tampa, Florida, FDOT District 7: This $200+ million project involved the reconstruction of two major interchanges that currently facilitate the traffic movements for a majority of the traffic in the metropolitan Tampa area. Bill served as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• Memorial Causeway Bridge Replacement (State Road 60), Clearwater, Florida, FDOT District 7: This $47 million project replaced the existing bascule structure with a new cast-in-place segmental concrete bridge . The project involved major bridge construction and related improvements that will affect the main arterial route to Clearwater Beach and the adjacent islands. As the Senior Project Engineer on the project, Bill led the CE&I team's efforts.
• State Route (SR) 56/Interstate-75 (I-75) Interchange, Tampa, Florida, FDOT District 7: This project involved the realignment and widening of 1 mile of SR 54 west of I-75; construction of 2 miles of new roadway for SR 56; widening and reconstruction of 1.5 miles of I-75; widening and resurfacing of 1 mile of CR 581 and construction of a new diamond interchange for SR 56 and I-75. Bill served as the Senior Project Engineer on this project.
• Polk Parkway, Florida's Turnpike, Polk County, Florida, FDOT Turnpike: A limited access toll road approximately 25 miles long that loops south to west around Lakeland, providing I-4 access to the entire area while relieving congestion on local arterial roadways. The projects included the construction of divided highway sections, local frontage roads, 25 bridges, utility relocations, urban roadway reconstruction and roadway landscaping. Bill served as a Construction Project Manager and as the Claims/Scheduling Engineer on the program.